Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Some Information about End Mills (Rotational Cutters) for CNC Machines

I receive a healthy dose of questions about end mills and which ones that I use. I usually respond with answers like, my end mill will probably differ from your end mill. So, what is this thing called an end mill anyhow. If you are new to CNC machining and routing, you may have never heard of the thing. I could imagine people googling something like, "CNC bits". Using the terminology "bit" is not all that incorrect. Bits are commonly referred to as drill bits, but routers use router bits. If you're looking to cut various metals and composites, end mills are the tools of choice. However, end mills will also work on wood, depending on the type of end mill selected. Read on...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of the best sites I have found yet!

phooddaniel said...

Thank you greatly for the positive feedback! I'm still working to make it better and I welcome any comments to improve even more.