Sunday, January 20, 2008

Expandable CNC Router!

I have devised a CNC Router that is actually expandable, in a modular way. Does one even exist in this world? At this time, I'm offering pre-sales introductory prices for these units. The standard CNC router kit will also take on these same design features and they are offered also. Introductory prices will be $750 for the expandable CNC router that will have a routing area of 2'x4' expandable to a whopping 4'x8'. Yes, I said it right, routing area! The non-expandable CNC router with an actual routing area of 2'x4' has an introductory pre-sale price of $405.00. These prices are only available during this design phase to implementation (a price break for the expanded lead time, if you will). Once the kits are available, new purchasers will have to pay the regular price of $1050 (expandable) and $550 (non-expandable) respectively. See the kit in the sales page.

4 comments:

Ron said...

I recently purchased the expandable cnc at the introductory price.Is there an estimate of the delivery date? Also besides the router and computer what other parts will I need to complete this project?
thanks
Ron

phooddaniel said...

Thanks Ron for the purchase and for supporting this effort to provide tutorials.

The expandable CNC machine does not come with stepper motors or the driver electronics. There are a multitude of variations from which to choose on the market. My electronics and motor kit will be available shortly, but in the meantime, I'm providing a plug and play system for these kits upon special request. The driver electronics, motors and power supply alone costs $498, which is the least expensive you will find on the internet for a complete 3-axis motion system.

Thanks again, Patrick

Ron said...

Patrick
The plug and play sounds reasonable. Is the driver software included
and when can this be shipped?
Is there a link to purchase the plug and play.When do you estimate the
expandable unit will be shipping. I,m anxious to get started on this
project and to prove to my wife that it's more than worth it, We have
a craft fair coming up this spring in our town and I'd like to have
some things to display
and hopefully sell
Thanks
Ron.

phooddaniel said...

Actually, this is the least expensive CNC machine on the internet at this size. What am I doing?!? :)

When I receive all of the components, I will personally contact the purchasers of the machine, which will be in a few weeks.